1) The scholarship is admissible to the needy, brilliant students coming from the poor
families in their pursuit for higher education in Professional, Post Graduate, Diploma and
2) Applicant for scholarship shall be a resident of villages in the mining belt and has
pursued his Higher Secondary Education in the schools of Goa.
3) The Revised MFG scholarship shall commence from the academic year 2007-08.
4) The Mineral Foundation of Goa will award in all thirty-eight scholarships every year only
for the first year students in the institutions listed in the above table.
5) The student after getting admission in any of the above-mentioned college should apply
for the scholarship in the first year, giving the high school leaving, fifteen years domicile
and income certificate from the concerned authority as well as the mark-sheet of 10
6) The selected candidate by the Foundation for the scholarship after receiving intimation of
the same which also will be published in the local news paper are required to submit the
original receipt of the fees paid to the institution to the Foundations’ office for re-imbursement.
7) The original receipt will be given back to the student after stamping on the original
furnishes the original receipt..
following the above procedure along with the attested Xerox copy of the mark-sheet of
the last examination and a certificate from the Principal of the college indicating
attendance and the general behavior for continuation of the scholarship.
9) The scholarship will cover the full tuition and college hostel fees, wherever applicable,
for the entire duration of the course.
10) The awardees of the scholarship shall not avail any other scholarship from any institution,
Government or charity organization.
11) If the scholarship awardees fails to clear any semester / academic year and has to repeat
any paper of the previous semester / academic year, the scholarship will be discontinued.
12) The criteria for the selection among the applicants will be based on their financial status
13) The awardees after completing their course and getting gainful employment are expected
and will be requested to contribute to the Foundation in order to extend the benefit to
some other students in the future. However, this will not be a compulsion on the
awardees/beneficiaries of the scholarship.
14) The decision of the Governing Board of the Foundation in selecting the students for the
scholarship will be final.
15) The Foundation reserves the right to alter, withdraw and amend whole or any part of its
rule and regulations in this regard, without assigning any reasons..