Directorate General of Human Resource Development
Customs & Central Excise,
5th Floor, ‘D’ Block, I P Bhawan, I P Estate,
Dated the 10th March, 2010
The Director General / Chief Commissioner (All)
The Commissioner / Additional Director General (All)
The CDR, CESTAT, New Delhi
Subject:- Revised Scheme for grant of Cash Award to meritorious children of 10th/12th standard Board Examination-2009 of officers and staff of the Department-Reg
The Governing Body, constituted to administer the Customs and Central Excise Welfare Fund has reviewed the existing Scheme for grant of Cash Awards to the children of Departmental officers and staff at 10th and 12th level in Board Examinations held in 2009. A copy of the revised Cash Award Scheme-2009 for the academic year 2008-09 i.e for Board Examination-2009 held in March/April, 2009 is enclosed herewith.
2. The Cash Award Scheme-2009 is applicable to officials borne on the strength of Central Excise and Customs including those who are on deputation/working in other Departments / Ministries / Organizations etc.
3. The Jurisdictional Commissioners / Additional Director Generals / Directors are requested to forward applications in the enclosed proforma duly recommended by the Advisory Committee of the respective Commissionerate / Directorate along with an attested photocopy of mark sheet; and certificate of disability from the competent authority for physically handicapped children, if applicable, so as to reach this Directorate General latest by 15th May, 2010.
4. In the case of children of deceased officers, application will be sent through the Commissioner, from whose office the deceased officer’s family is drawing the pension or in whose jurisdiction the family is residing.
5. For physically handicapped children, the benefit of the Scheme shall be applicable, subject to the fulfillment of the conditions laid down in the Scheme.
6. The Commissionerates / Directorates should send applications / nominations by Regd. /speed post only. No claim shall be entertained in respect of applications sent by Ordinary Post, if not received in this office.
7. The Directorate will send acknowledgement of receipt of application / nomination latest by 15th June, 2010. In case Commissionerates / Directorates do not receive acknowledgements by 30th June, 2010 they should take up the matter with this Directorate about inclusion of their applications / nominations with earlier reference, so as to reach the Directorate General on or before 31st July, 2010 after which the same would be considered. The list of applications received shall be put on the departmental web site for information to all concerned by 30th September, 2010.
8. Commissionerates / Directorates who have forwarded applications / nominations for Cash Award for 2009 prior to issue of the revised Cash Award Scheme-2009 should submit fresh applications as per Cash Award Scheme-2009. It may also be noted that applications/nominations received already as per Cash Award Scheme-2008 will not be considered.
9. You are requested to give wide publicity to the Cash Award Scheme for the academic year 2008-2009 (Board Examination-2009) amongst officers and staff under your jurisdiction, including those on deputation/working to other Departments/Ministries/Organizations.
10. Please note that applications / nominations received after due date i.e 15th May, 2010 or incomplete in any respect may not be entertained without making any reference to the concerned Commissionerate / Directorate.
(A. K. PAWAR)
Addl. Director General (I&W) &
Member- Secretary, Governing Body (W. Fund)
Click here for: