Tele: 26151564 Army Welfare Education Society (AWES)
26152642 Education Scholarship Scheme for Army Personnel (ESSA)
Adjutant General’s Branch
Integrated HQ of MoD (Army)
Building No-202, Shankar Vihar
Delhi Cantt, New Delhi -110010
45941/B/ESSA 28 Mar 2009
Southern Command A Branch, Pune
Eastern Command A Branch, Kolkata
Western Command A Branch, Chandimandir
Central Command A Branch, Lucknow
Northern Command A Branch, C/O 56 APO
Army Training Command A Branch, Shimla
South Western Command A Branch, C/O 56 APO
Andaman Nicobar Command Port Blair-744102
AWARD OF SCHOLARSHIPS UNDER EDUCATION SCHOLARSHIP SCHEME
FOR ARMY PERSONNEL (ESSA) FOR ACADEMIC YEAR 2008–09
1. Reference SAO 2/S/2003.
2. The details of Education Scholarship Scheme for academic year 2008-09 are
enumerated in succeeding paragraphs.
3. The eligibility conditions would be as under
(a) Scholarships for children of all ranks from class IX to PG level of education.
(b) Last date of receipt of applications in AWES/ESSA is 30 Nov 2009.
(d) Wards of Retired Army Personnel, Military Nursing Service (MNS), Territorial Army personnel (TA) and wards of deceased personnel are not eligible for ESSAScholarships. ESSA Scholarships are applicable to wards of serving Army personnel only.
Maximum age limit for the children is 25 years on the date of completion of the class / course.
Method of Selection
4. Cut off percentages for various classes and categories are given belo
CLASS Officers JCOs OR
IX to X 89 87 72
XI to XII 89 86 72
Graduation 72 70 55
PG/Professional Courses 72 70 55
5. All children above cut off percentages of marks would be awarded scholarships..2
Rates of Scholarships
The rates of scholarships, based on the level of education, are as under: -
(a) For classes IX to XII - Rs 1200/- per annum.
(b) College Stage (Degree Course) - Rs 1800/- per annum.
(Except at Serial c)
(c) Engineering, Medical and Information Technology - Rs 5000/- per annum.
(d) Post Graduate Stage - Rs 5000/- per annum.
7. The applications should pertain to the results declared of the immediate preceding
academic year between 01 Oct of the preceding year and 30 Sep of the current year.
last date for receipt of applications at Army HQ is 30 Nov
Thebeyond which no application will
Submission of ESSA Applications - 2008-09
8. Serving Army Officers, JCOs and OR will submit their applications to
Army Welfare Education Society, AG’s Branch, Integrated HQ of MoD (Army), Building
No 202, Shankar Vihar, Delhi Cantt, New Delhi-110010
scrutinised by their Commanding Officers/ departments.
9. Only one copy of application for award of scholarship for academic year 2008-09 under
ESSA as per formats given at Appendices to SAO 2/S/2003
sheet duly attested by the Headmaster or Principal
10. ESSA applications of eligible personnel in respect of Defence Security Corps (DSC)
personnel will be accepted through their record office only.
Director ESSA,as per Appendices B and C dulyalongwith photocopy of marksis required to be submitted to this HQ.
Mode of Payment
11. The amount of scholarship will be paid through cheques/pay orders drawn on the name
of parent of successful candidates.
12. Merit certificate will be given to all scholarship awardees..3
13. Special Army Order 2/S/2003 will be amended in due course.
14. This letter may please be given wide publicity up to unit level.
sd/- x x x x x
Copy to: -
All Directorates at Integrated HQ of MoD (Army)
Cat ‘A’ & ‘B’ Establishments
All Command AWES Cells
Defence Security Corps Records -
PIN – 901277
C/O 56 APO
It has been observed that complete postal address
of DSC Platoons are not mentioned in ESSA
applications. You are requested to instruct DSC
Platoons to mention complete postal address in the
ESSA applications before submission to this HQ.
Deputy Directorate General DSC -
General Staff Branch
IHQ of MOD (Army)
West Block-III, RK Puram
New Delhi – 110 066
For info please..
Appendix ‘B’ to SAO 2/S/2003
Army Welfare Education Society (AWES)
Education Scholarship Scheme for Army Personnel (ESSA)
Adjutant General’s Branch,
Integrated HQ of MoD (Army)
Building No 202, Shankar Vihar
Delhi Cantt, New Delhi-110 010
APPLICATION FORM FOR EDUCATIONAL SCHOLARSHIP SCHEME FOR
ARMY PERSONNEL (ESSA)
NOTE:- PLEASE DO NOT LEAVE ANY INFO BLANK, FOR OFFICE
USE BLOCK CAPITAL LETTERS ONLY_________________________________________
1. Personal No/Army No : ________________________
2. Rank : ________________________
3. Name : ________________________
4. Arms/Service : ________________________
5. Unit : ________________________
6. Postal Address of the Unit : __ ______________________
7. Command : _________________________
8. Particulars of the Child: -
(a) Name : ____________________________
(b) Sex (M/F) : Male/Female
(c) Date of Birth
(d) Class Passed : ____________________________
(e) Date of Completion of the : ____________________
DD MM YY.
PLEASE STRIKE OUT WHICHEVER IS NOT APPLICABLE
(f) Is the Child presently studying in next Class? - Yes/No
(g) School studying in – KV / Govt / Private / Others
FOR STUDENTS PURSUING DEGREE AND PG COURSES
(h) Is the child an Engg Student? - Yes/No
(j) Is the child a MBBS/BDS/BVSc & A H student? - Yes/No
(k) Is the child a PG Student? - Yes/No
(a) Marks/Grade obtained : _______________
(b) Total marks : _______________
(c) Percentage of marks, if : _______________
(a) Type of Account : ___________________
(b) Account No : ___________________
(c) Name of the Bank : ___________________
(d) Full postal Address of : ___________________
(Signature of Applicant)
(To be filled by OC Unit)
Certified that Master/Miss __________________ son/daughter of No ______________
Rank ____________ Name _____________________________ is recorded in his Record of
Service and that his/her date of birth is ___________________ as published in Part II Order
No________________ dated ________________. The application has been scrutinised and
is in accordance with the SAO.
(Signature of OC Unit)
Dated: Office Seal.
Appendix ‘C’ to SAO 2/S/2003
Name of School / College
1. This is to certify that Master/Miss _____________________________ Son/daughter of
No_________________ Rank ____________ Name _______________________________
has been bonafide student of this School or College during the academic year ________________
which started on ________________ and ended on _____________. The result was declared on
_______________________by the University/Institute.
2. He/She is still studying or left the institution on ___________________.
3. His/Her date of birth as per record is _____________________.
4. His/Her annual result/Grade is as under: -
Total Marks Percentage of
marks, if applicable
5. The academic year in which the student passed the class mentioned in Para 4 above
commenced on ______________________ and ended on ______________________.
(Headmaster or Principal)
Date: (Rubber Stamp)